If you need additional information, help in obtaining information or have an ADA compliance issue, please contact William Hull, Superintendent of Putnam Public Schools at (860) 963-6900. Mr. Hull can also be reached by email. Currently, the district is conducting an audit of the website and working with its vendor to ensure compliance with the American with Disabilities Act. Thank you.
Welcome to the website of the Putnam Public School District. We are proud of the education that we provide to each of our students. Over the past several years, the district has had many accomplishments. In the 2013/14 school year, Putnam was only one of four school districts in Connecticut to achieve all of their targeted state goals. In addition, Putnam High School ranked second for achievement increase for all high schools in the state.
- In 2015, and again in 2016, Putnam High School was ranked as a "Best High School" by US News and World Reports Magazine.
- In 2016, our Business Administrator, Nancy Cole was named Connecticut's Celebrated School Business Administrator of the Year.
- Again in 2016, Putnam's Food Service Director, Jeannette LaPlume was named Connecticut's Food Service Director Rising Star.
- In 2015, Superintendent William Hull was named UCONN NEAG School of Education Superintendent of the Year.
- In 2013, Putnam Elementary School was named a School of Distinction by the Connecticut Department of Education.
We are proud of all our accomplishments! This success is a result of the collaboration between the Putnam Community and Putnam School District. But more importantly, we are proud of the culture that exists in the district. A culture where every employee is committed to students learning in a safe and loving environment.
This website is meant to provide you with meaningful information concerning our school district. We hope you find this site useful. If you need additional information or help, please feel free to directly contact Mr. Hull, the Superintendent of Schools or any of our schools as well as our departments.