Welcome to Putnam High School for the 2018/2019 school year!
Congratulations to our 1st Quarter Honor Roll students!
Congratulations to our Putnam Pride Honorees!!!
From left to right: Jacqueline Vetrovec, PHS Principal, Gerry Mailhot, Roo Bosco, Shea Ogle, Melissa Zablonski, Jack Rindge, Molly McKeon, Michael DiColella, and Suzanne Sansoucy, PHS Assistant Principal
Not pictured: Ali Briden, Emma Rudman, Jenna Tatro
We are excited to welcome our Putnam High School students and families to the 2018-2019 school year! We look forward to reconnecting with our continuing students and families, and would like to extend a warm welcome to those of you new to Putnam High School.
Please review the online school handbook and school calendar (page 8) of the school handbook which is attached here.
The front doors will be open at 6:30 am however students will not be able to access the building until 7 am. The back doors will open when the first bus arrives for drop off (approximately 7 am). Our cafeteria opens at 7 a.m. for breakfast which is free for all students.
Please note: if you are dropping off or picking up your student, we request that you pull into the FRONT parking lot. Dropping off and picking up students in the back gym/bus loop lot interferes with bus traffic and is not allowed.
Exciting News at Putnam High School
Putnam High School is proud to share the accomplishments during the past academic year. These include:
- Recent four year graduation rate as announced by the state was 94% for Putnam High School
- This year 98% of students entering the year with senior status met all requirements for graduation
- 79% of Putnam High School graduating seniors were accepted at a two or four year college
- 70% of Putnam High School students participated in at least one school based activity
- 58% of Putnam High School students participated in one or more of the school’s 13 sports offerings
- The new robotics team received the Rookie All Star Award in the New England First District
- The Putnam High School Marching Band placed in three band competitions
- Ten new courses were added to the high school curriculum
- Putnam High School now has six career pathways allowing students to gain career based skills and move towards studying careers in areas such as Health, Business, Law Enforcement and Public Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing along with Art and Music
- Putnam High School now offers 17 courses which allow students to potentially earn college credit
- This year 24 seniors students received a total of $108,250 in scholarship money
- On May 6th, alumni were inducted into the first class of Putnam High School Wall of Honor
PHS Named Best High School
For the 2nd year in a row, PHS has been named to U.S. News and World Report's list of best high schools! PHS was ranked 46th against the other 193 Connecticut high schools and 2,354th against the 29,070 schools that participated nationwide. The magazine awarded PHS silver medal status; only 13% of schools across the country received silver or gold medal status. Click here to view how the school was scored. Congratulations to all!
Main Office Information
|Suzanne Sansoucy||Assistant Principal|
How do I know if school is closed due to inclement weather?
School closings will be announced on local news stations.