Due to COVID-19, we cannot do working papers in person but we are able to do this electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The student or parent can email the promise of employment from employer along with a picture or copy of their birth certificate, home address, parent(s)/guardian(s) name and the school they attend. Once received, the completed working paper will be emailed or mailed back to the student. Please remember that the promise of employment must state the position, hourly rate of pay and the hours being offered. If you have any questions, feel free to email me and I will assist you.
Laura Santos, Administrative Assistant
To Receive a Work Permit
- You must appear in Person (parent cannot do this for you)
- You must bring a Promise of Employment Letter from the company that you will be working for. Must be on their letterhead or legibly stamped with their company name. The employer needs to state what your actual position will be as well as the hourly rate of pay and hours of work.
- Need to present Valid Proof of Age; Birth Certificate, Driver's License or Passport
- Minors 14 and 15 years old
- For all students/minors ages 16-18, a working permit is required for all types of employment
Superintendent's Office in Putnam High School
Left side of building entrance
152 Woodstock Avenue
Putnam, CT 06260
(860) 963-6900 (Call ahead to make sure that the designated agent is available)