The mission of the Putnam Public Schools, in partnership with the community, is to empower all individuals and inspire lifelong learning by providing a diverse and engaging educational experience.
Additionally, the mission of the Putnam Middle School is to provide a sensitive, caring, supportive, learning environment that assists students in making a successful transition from late childhood to adolescence. To reach that mission the Putnam Middle School:
- Offers a core academic program which teaches students to be literate, to think critically and to assume the responsibilities of citizenship.
- Organizes appropriate instructional groups and provides adequate time, space, equipment and materials to teachers.
- Empowers teachers to make decisions regarding the instructional program and to participate in the responsibility for student performance.
- Supports and encourages staff to become expert at teaching young adolescents.
- Provides services which address a student's social and emotional needs.
- Encourages active parent involvement in all school programs and gives parents opportunities to participate in school governance.